Sunday, August 3, 2003

It's a marathon...

I'm about done with my

  • Slim-Fast


  • and I'm not really sure what I want to talk about. I guess another ramble is in order.

    Paul just had his birthday the other day. Today we're going over to his parents' house for a little party. This means I don't have to cook dinner. Whee!

    ...

    I finished my Slim-Fast like half an hour ago and I've had this window open for longer than that, and I can't think of anything to write. Instead, I've been reading stuff. I came across this interesting article during my bored procrastinations. Basically this is a group that will train you to run a marathon and then send you to where the marathon takes place--they cover virtually all costs as long as you have found enough pledges to meet their requirements. All the pledged money goes towards cancer research: specifically, leukemia and lymphoma. And you get to travel and get in shape. It sounds like a win-win-win situation to me :) I'm going to start seriously thinking about doing it.

    I have never been fit enough to run a marathon. It would be really cool to be able to run. Even when I was in kung fu, the time during which I was in the best shape of my life, I couldn't run even a mile. There's just something about running. I could stand (or jump) around for two hours throwing kicks and punches, but sustained running always left me winded and nauseated with a horrible stitch in my side. Imagine being able to run a 26 mile marathon and not feel that way!

    No comments: