Friday, October 2, 2009

Motivation

I have been pretty lax in my weight loss efforts of late. I've been working out with my trainer on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but otherwise I haven't been doing much of anything, and I've been eating whatever I feel like eating. It shows, on the scale and in my clothes.

Shopping for jeans that would actually fit this morning gave me a good motivational idea. I could set up a schedule of when I can buy new clothes. Then, if that time arrives and I haven't gone down a size, I won't be allowed to buy any.

A tangible, specific goal like this--come down at least one size before the next shopping trip--would probably be better motivation than the generic "lose weight". We all know how well that one works.

I just need to decide what a reasonable time frame would be.

No comments: