Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Haruhi's over

Of course, with that ending, I'm going to have to go back and rewatch, because the interpretation will be a leeeeetle different, won't it?

I'm also going to try the episodes out in Haruhi order to see how they go. But I think the order they were shown in is brilliant, both for the big reveal at the end (not the kiss, everyone with half a brain knew that was coming) and the evolution of Kyon and Haruhi's relationship.

Good stuff.

(I also think the deal with Mikuru's mole is funny. They had us thinking Kyon and Mikuru were going to get intimate, but nooooooo...)

2 comments:

Dyson said...

It was a good series, but I'll miss waiting for new episodes of it... Maybe they'll do some of the other books someday?

I just rewatched the ending for those lines Kyon dishes out to Haruhi. The image flashes and the background music gave me a lingering feeling of Evangelion. And I don't know what it means, but I don't think Haruhi has a ponytail in the rest of the episodes... At least some of the comments people make in reference to earlier things make a lot more sense.

But hey, the new anime season is upon us, that means that there will be all kinds of new shows coming in. Honey and Clover II just had its first episode subbed. The first episode glosses over some of the relationships and things done in the first season, but it has been a while since season one aired.

Anyway, if you find anything really good in the new season, make sure to point it out. ^_^ I seem to have seme of the good series get past me if I'm not careful.

Heather Meadows said...

It'd be just like Haruhi to give up on the ponytail after one day. Kyon probably did something to annoy her. Hell, it might have been when she walked in on Mikuru beating his chest.

I didn't realize it was based on books, but if you think about it, this entire season was very expository. The only real conflict was within Haruhi herself, with a few ancillary conflicts occurring around her. It seems to me that the next step would be to present Haruhi with a conflict, outside the realm of herself.

Who knows, though :)

I'll be on the lookout for other good series!