Sunday, January 22, 2006

You know what irritates me?

This.

I've got mail!  Or not!

See that AOL email address? Yeah, that doesn't exist. It's an advertisement in AIM. When I click on it, a browser opens and takes me to the signup page for AOL Mail.

What's really annoying is that sometimes this will pop up by itself, when I don't even have mail in my actual email account.

I have always used AIM's mail alert feature, so I wouldn't have to leave Outlook open, but if this stupidity keeps up I guess I'll have to turn it off. My OCD won't put up with it. It's like a blinking AIM window; it'll drive me nuts until I can make it go away somehow.

2 comments:

David said...

AAAAH...

I've had this happen the past week, and it's been bugging me, as I don't have an AOL mail account of any kind. I've ended up turning off both the mail window and the notification in the tray.

I dunno what it is about AOL and intrusiveness... Like the ads in AIM, if your mouse even skirts anywhere near them they'll pop up, and some of the play automatically anyway, and it's always a movie or something.

Heather Meadows said...

The ads are why I still use the Win95 version. (It used to be linkned off their download page, but I guess now they're demanding that everyone use Triton...)