Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mango Salsa

Since joining Oasis Garden's CSA, I've had more and more interesting produce to try and create dishes with. It's forced me to be more creative with what I have on hand.

The past two weeks there's been a mango in my box. I still had both of them as of tonight, so I decided I'd better use the oldest one.

A recipe for Avocado-Mango Salsa was included in last week's box. I didn't have all the ingredients so I omitted some and substituted others. Here's what I ended up doing--and it's amazingly delicious! I'm going to eat some with chips tonight and save the rest to go with fish tomorrow.

Mango Salsa

1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 tomato, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3/4 c chopped onion
1 T white sugar
1 T olive oil
2 T white wine vinegar
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 tsp salt

Toss first seven ingredients together, then fold in avocado. Season with salt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great - what did you eat it with?- M

Anonymous said...

Loved the prep pics too! -M

Chuck said...

They have a mango habanero sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings. It looks interesting but I haven't tried it yet.

Heather Meadows said...

Mom: We had some chips left over from Mexican, so we ate some with those. Tonight I'm going to cook some fish to try it with :)

Chuck: Oooh, sounds good! You should try it!