Thursday, August 18, 2005

Missed bellydance again

I was all confident and determined back in this post, but I haven't gone to class since. I'm pretty sure I know why: the week I went, Sean was on his 1 to 10 pm shift, and I had nothing to do. Since then, he's been on 9 to 6, meaning that he gets home around the time bellydance class starts. During the time I would be getting ready and driving to class, I'm usually starting dinner.

(Last night's dinner was fantastic, by the way--I made a roast with vegetables, mashed potatoes, and Mom's homemade rolls, which turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.)

So anyway, I'm not sure how I want to deal with this. Do I want to try to make dinner early and leave it for Sean while I go to class, or do I just want to give up on going to class? It's only one night a week, so I feel kinda stupid missing it, but at the same time, it's kind of an accomplishment for me that I've been getting dinner ready at around the same time every night, and I would hate to throw that out of whack.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a class you want to go to, I'd do the dinner early & go to class. It'd be 2 accomplishments at the same time... Making sure there's dinner & making it to the class you want. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shannon; to get supper ready AND make it to class would be TWO accomplishments in ONE day!! W00T on THAT one!!

Of course, I'm biased, because it'd be super great to see you at bellydance.. ;)

Anonymous said...

TWO accomplishments in ONE day?!? I dunno, He-chan. Maybe you should pace yourself. Maybe work your way up. Try to get one accomplishment and one failure into your day. Then, after you get used to that, try one accomplishment and one unfinished project. I've heard you can severely strain your lower back ramping all the way up to two accomplishments in one day without some warm ups.

j/k

Heather Meadows said...

Shannon, I seem to have a lot of trouble figuring out what I want. I feel like if I wanted to do something, I would find a way to do it regardless of the other issues. But I don't know if that's a good litmus test, because there's all kinds of stuff I want to do and yet don't do, like study Japanese.

So I tend to waffle.

Brooke, yeah, I guess :>

Hai, STFU ;) I love you man.

Anonymous said...

* I feel like if I wanted to do something, I would find a way to do it regardless of the other issues.*

Well, sometimes, yes... For myself, that isn't always true. For example... I want to tear out my bathroom... I haven't b/c I'm procrastinating. I'm also afraid that if I start, I will run into more problems, so I guess fear is one of my obstacles, too. LOL