Sunday, February 12, 2006

Denture dream

I had a bizarre dream last night about my teeth. They were really hurting, and then all of a sudden they started breaking apart. When I reached in to pull out the broken ones, the entire shelf of my teeth broke and came out in five parts. I discovered that my teeth were actually dentures.

I tugged out the broken dentures (the sensation was similar to what it felt like to take out my retainer, which I wore back in elementary school) and found that my real teeth were still there underneath. Some of them were horribly discolored--green--and others were covered up to the top by bizarre gum formations. My canines were long, splintery, and yellow, with strings of pink-red running through them. Still, I knew that these were my real teeth, and I hoped that if I brushed them regularly they'd go back to normal and be better than the dentures had been.

I wondered in the dream how long I'd had dentures and why they'd been glued in over my real teeth. This mystery was never solved.

No comments: