Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Daily routine

Here's a list of things I would like to get done during the course of a day.

Morning, ideally:

-do a full stretching routine
-go for a walk or work out in some other way
-shower and put on makeup
-eat breakfast
-pack lunches
-do freelance work for an hour and a half (two or three days a week)
-work on writing/AMRN stuff
-plan, prepare, and shop for dinner
-mess around online or watch videos for 15-30 mins (I always tend to do this in the morning, so why not plan for it?)

Lunchtime:

-eat lunch while working
-go on a walk or work out at the Y during actual lunch hour

Evening:

-cook and eat dinner
-ride the bike (on its stand)
-relax

I am going to go ahead and post this, but it's incomplete. I need to figure out how long each morning thing would take me and how early I would have to get up to accomplish it all. I think the writing and freelance work would have to be on alternate days, but even then would it be practical? Because I have to start working out in the morning regularly; there is just no way I can't.

Also, I obviously can't try to start doing everything at once after I've nailed down a routine. I'll have to come up with a good plan and then start adding each item one at a time every week or two. I'm already set to start freelance this Friday, so I guess that'll be the first thing.

3 comments:

Merujo said...

This is lovely and ambitious! I keep trying to set up a schedule like this for myself, and I'm such a slug, it's just not happening. I'm getting a lot of inspiration from my blog friends, though. :)

Heather Meadows said...

I really think the key is to add one thing at a time...I usually try to start doing everything at once, and burn out after three days.

The freelance thing went well on Friday...I didn't want to get up at all, but I made myself. I had lunch plans so I didn't pack lunches, but I did have time to eat breakfast and take a banana with me to work.

I really need to get an exercise routine going, though...

Brooke said...

I agree one step at a time is the best way to go about adding new stuff to your routine.

As for getting up earlier so you can get your freelance stuff done, and not feel like a complete zombie, I recently read an article (about getting up earlier in the morning to incorporate a morning exercise routine -but I think the same general ideas would apply) that said if for one week you set your alarm clock 30 minutes earlier in the morning, then when the alarm goes off, you get out of bed right then, and go about your normal morning routine, that the next week you'd be set to wake up that much earlier, and not still be all groggy and sleepy, and then you'd be able to tackle that morning exercise jaunt. Sounds like it'd probably work for getting a person set up for waking up earlier, for whatever reason, so maybe that might help? Then on the days you're not freelancing it, you could try to get that morning walk in?

Hope that helps. :)