Thursday, July 21, 2005

Overeaters not-so-anonymous

I did go back to McDonald's for a Quarter Pounder, and I also got a smoothie at R. Gabriel's, and between those and the rest of the snacking my total calorie count for today is not pretty. The scary thing is, even as I was finishing off the Quarter Pounder I was still hungry, wishing I'd bought a second one. I'm not entirely sure where all this food is going. I ate a granola bar not long after that, and just a few minutes ago I was suddenly overcome with desire for WifeSaver fried chicken.

Thank goodness they close at 9.

I think I've been having food cravings like this more often than I'd realized. I'd thought each time that I was pregnant, or that there was something wrong with me. But Brooke remarked casually earlier about a friend of hers who goes through the same thing during the first days of her period. She calls them "house" days because she feels like she could eat a house.

So apparently this binge urge is perfectly normal, and it's just something I need to learn to deal with.

I guess I'd gotten used to not going all wonky every month, what with not having a period for something like five years. Now I'm pretty much normal, thanks to the hormone replacement therapy, and I need to get readjusted.

Of course...I never had healthy eating habits back when I had natural periods. It might be difficult to change.

But at least I know what it is now. Somehow, knowing that this is just a hormone thing, a period thing, makes it seem like something I can face.

So...I'll start trying to face it.

Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hea :)

Aren't house days crazy? I was having a house day Thursday, myself, and ended up going to the very limits of my calorie budget, even though I wanted to blow the whole thing, and just eat and eat and eat. I'm glad it makes you feel a little better, knowing that it's just a normal, monthly hormonal thing; pretty much every girl feels like this at least SOME of the time, and I'm sure there are more than would like to admit that feel this way every month.
Anyway, I'm glad you feel better, I do, now, too, and I'm gonna go fix my diet power for this morning, and eat breakfast, I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch in there!! ;)
Hehehehehe, love ya, Hea Hea!!

Anonymous said...

Okay ladies. This "house day" cover worked fine before its meaning was described on here. But now you're basically saying "HEY GUYS THAT ARE READING I AM CURRENTLY HAVING A PERIOD" and the mystique you once had is now gone. So like, damnit.

Heather Meadows said...

Hey, welcome back! How was Gatlinburg?

;>