Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Oh, the irony

Heat keeps many from reaching cooling centers

And while the city does have cooling centers open at community centers, many remain deserted, because of the difficulty residents have in getting to the centers.

"No one's going to come here to be cool," said Ruth B. Crawford, the founder of the Shiloh Comprehensive Community Center. "It's too hot."
I currently have a fan blowing directly on me. I suppose I'm reasonably comfortable, but I could be happier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah. My air conditioner + being in my basement = nearly cold enough to warrant a sweater.

Heather Meadows said...

Yeah, shut up!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I could be happier too.

Heather Meadows said...

Is that your way of saying "I'm totally bored at work, log onto AIM so we can talk about goofy stuff posted to the Bay Area Riders Forum"?