Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moving forward

The response to my diagnosis by the people who have responded so far has been interesting. There are some people who are incredibly upbeat--either they are just trying to cheer me up or they seriously don't think it's that big a deal. There are people who are seriously freaking out. And there's the middle ground, which is where I am, where you just kind of say yes, this sucks, and I'm going to roll with it.

Today my mom did me a huge favor and assembled a DVD cabinet that has been sitting in a box in the hallway for 14 months. Then she rearranged all the furniture so it was to my liking. My mom is awesome.




As for me, I got so tired after putting a few DVDs into the cabinet that I had to take a nap :P

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm of the (cautious) middle ground: it DOES suck, but you HAVE to keep going, so do it as carefully and as aware of your situation as you can; have you been given any dietary restrictions as well as the activity ones? You CAN roll with this, girl, and you've got some pretty fine peeps behind you to support you.

And you're SO right, your mom IS awesome!! I totally loved meeting her and hanging out with the two of you, and the big "breakfast jumble" with you two and my family and me --now THAT was something totally fun and unforgettable! "J.A." TOTALLY put me at ease the minute I met her, and I already feel close to her, too.

You're a very lucky girl with a bunch of challenges ahead of you right now, but I KNOW you can knock them all out, just take your time, and don't forget to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH what's the right thing for YOU! :)

Chuck said...

I think your attitude is the best one...say yes, and roll with it. I'm most glad the problem got diagnosed correctly fairly early. I think in young people heart issues often get overlooked.

I've still got some furniture to assemble, myself...