Friday, December 10, 2004

So.

Yesterday was a little emotional, wasn't it?

I'm better now. Yesterday was more productive than usual--the previous two days, I'd taken long naps in lieu of getting anything done. Too much sleep can be a bad thing.

This morning, after going to bed at 9:45 and getting up promptly at 5, I feel refreshed.

Yesterday's schedule was interesting. I'm thinking of making it my regular routine. I got up, took my pills, got dressed, and ate my breakfast as usual. Work was typical; I left at 10. After piddling around for a couple hours at home, I went biking, and when I got home I took my first shower of the day. Then I planned this week's dinner menus, and ran out to the grocery store to pick everything up. When I got home, Sean was there, and I started fixing dinner--a mixed greens and baked chicken salad, with a side of fettucine alfredo. While we were waiting for the chicken to cook, we snuggled in bed together.

After dinner, I got online and messed around some more, and cleaned up the dishes, and finally went to bed on time.

It was a good day. I got the grocery shopping done, I exercised, and I made dinner. Those last two are things I want to do every day, and the first should be weekly or biweekly. I'm not sure when or why I stopped doing my old routine, but this one seems comfortable. Taking a shower in the afternoon seems to revitalize me for the rest of the day, too.

I feel a little grubby this morning, though. Maybe I should do a sponge bath in the mornings, if I'm going to leave my shower for the afternoon.

Progesterone starts tomorrow. And, speaking of pills, I've decided to cut my multivitamins in half--that is, take half a pill a day, instead of a whole one. Getting too many minerals can be bad. I'm going to be eating more green food this next week (and hopefully permanently), and I don't want to overdo it on anything.

So, after work today, I'll be going biking again. I haven't decided which trail I want to go to. If I go to the Greeneway, I may go to the Activities Center to park, instead of Martintown Road. That way, I'll have a nice decline to ride down at the end of my workout. We'll see. (At this point, I don't want to try starting from the other end...though that may come in the future.)

I'm also wondering if I should try to start up my morning workout again. Maybe not as intense...maybe just some good stretching and warming up for the day. If I do that, of course, then I'll have to shower afterwards, and I'd end up taking two showers a day. I guess I don't mind being super-clean, but it just seems like a waste--plus, the more you shower, the less healthy your skin is, or so I understand anyway. So I'm not sure on that.

Creating a good schedule is hard now because of Sean's new rotating shifts. One week he works 7 to 3, one week 1 to 10, and the other two weeks are his original 9 to 6. I need to stop and think about how I can break up the things I want/need to do to match that schedule...so that I can be home when he's home, and so that I can get things done when he's not.

And, finally, I need to decorate my Christmas tree, and organize my desks--computer, and "study". The study desk is basically ready, but I need to get some junk out of it that I don't need anymore, and put some supplies there so I can sit down and study Japanese whenever I want. My computer desk is just messy, as usual ;P

Oh. And I really should finish reading Getting Things Done...;P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hardest part about keeping a new schedule is dealing with the monotony of doing the same things every day, day after day after day. Maybe Sean's rotating shift will be more a blessing than a pain. You can just lay out three different schedules to match his weeks, keeping your routine more fresh.

If nothing else, good luck with it all! ;D

-AJ

Heather Meadows said...

What a nice way to look at it! I like that. "Keeping my schedule fresh." Yep, that's what I'll do :D