Tuesday, December 28, 2004

"There's a boogie in your nose." "Oh, dear!"

So, I just got this email from Slate, regarding Microsoft's sale of said magazine to the Washington Post.

Our records indicate that you have signed up for certain Slate Magazine services, such as a newsletter subscription or "the Fray" readers forum. In order to permit the new owners of Slate Magazine to maintain your account and continue providing you with these Slate Magazine services, Microsoft intends to transfer your name and email address to WPNI.
No biggie. I'd like to continue receiving Dear Prudence in my email, though email subscriptions seem horribly outdated to me now.

This is the reason I'm posting about it:

However, if you do not consent to having your information transfered as part of this sale, you may opt-out by sending a notice to optout@slate.com before Januray 10, 2005.
Well! I guess I have some time then! It won't be Januray until ever!

2 comments:

Heather Meadows said...

Well hey! Yes I do use Bloglines! I completely missed that feature. Thanks!

I wish more news sites had feeds...

(For all those wondering, the title of this article is a quote from Freakazoid!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hea! :) I think stuff like the slightest misspelling in something put out into the public by a well known or large group is rather shabby (hilarity aside) --the more well known or larger the group, even WORSE!-- and I've been known to shy away from internet purchases because of a poor editing job on a website. I know I'm not alone in this, it's actually a pretty common thing for people to judge based upon what they read and perceptions they form WHILE reading in regards to the editing issue, but I just don't see an excuse for poor editing.

Anyway, when I personally find little things like that, I can run a gamut of emotions/opinions about it. Humor, cynicism, disbelief, and disillusion are big ones.. I'm not trying to sound all stuffy about it, but it just seems strange to me.

Alright, I'm down from the "I'm an English major and damned proud" soap box.... ;)


-Brooke