Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Plugin request

I need a WordPress plugin. Basically, it would manage things I am doing (reading, listening to, etc). The main area would display "currently", with links to "things I have X and recommend" and "things I have X and do not recommend", with the option of an actual review to go along with the rating. There would be an option to add in items by date, so that if I read Ender's Game in 1999, I could mark that down.

A reader could then see all books I have ever read, and how I felt about them.

Oh, and this plugin would of course provide thumbnails and links for the items, chosen by me.

See, I'm good at coming up with ideas! If only I could code...

So, does such a thing exist? Will it exist anytime soon? I'm counting on my Internet and/or WordPress savvy readers to help!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about All Consuming or 43 Things? You could then use the tools they provide to include it in your site or use some kind of RSS aggregator to include it.

Neither of them seem to allow ratings other than binary "like it" or not unfortunately.

Heather Meadows said...

Dude...you are, like, totally fast.

Thanks for the tips! I will have to look into both options more closely...

(Now, back to reading Agent to the Stars. I think I'm going to finish it tonight, because I can't "put it down", so to speak.)

Anonymous said...

You can thank NetNewsWire for that. ;)

Heather Meadows said...

You should totally be Apple's spokesmodel.