Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Too bad I don't program

The smugmug site has a cool "hacking" section where innovators can mess around with the application and do all sorts of neat things with it. For example, somebody has created a script by which you can display your last five uploaded photos on a website elsewhere (apparently similar to a Flickr function). I would like to see a "last five comments" script. I think that would be cool. I'm going to install the "last X comments" plugin for WordPress when I finally get around to switching over, because I like being able to track when and how dialogue is being had, and I think it would be nice to have that functionality for my picture site too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking to see if I could whip something up, but I don't see any way to access comments through their current API. :(

Heather Meadows said...

D'oh!!!

Thanks for checking, though, Derik! :)

Anonymous said...

Comments aren't exposed in the API, yet, but you can get an RSS or Atom feed of your comments, so that might do the trick.

Don

Heather Meadows said...

Ah-ha! Thanks, Don!

Anonymous said...

Don, you're far too helpful!