Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I don't feel good

It doesn't happen often that I feel this run down, but whenever I do I make sure to check the mirror to see what color my lips are.

The day I was diagnosed with cancer, Mom says my lips were as pale as my skin.

Today my lips look normal, but I don't feel right. I don't respond quickly to questions. While it's not the normal sort of tired haze, I do feel some sort of dampening on my brain, and I have a mild headache, too. Earlier, while I was just sitting at my desk, I suddenly felt very dizzy, and rode out the feeling with a sense of unease.

I had just eaten a bag of chips and some cookies and drunk a grape soda, so I started wondering if my bad habits have finally come around to bite me in the ass--if I have developed diabetes. (I have no idea if dizziness is a symptom of diabetes. But since I am terrified of getting diabetes, that's one of the first things I think of whenever I start to feel weird. The other thing is--you guessed it--"Maybe I'm pregnant!")

I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to eat my unhealthy Krystal's lunch and then rest my head on my desk for awhile. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be affecting my appetite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hea!! :)

You're probably over worrying a bit, about the diabetes; do you run to the little girls' room many many times in the day, and you're not drinking large quantities of liquids? Are you thirsty a LOT? Are you unusually hungry, or do you have some unusual weight loss? Are you incredibly tired, irritable, or have blurry vision? These are the main symptoms listed by the American Diabetes Association. If you don't think you count into this catagory anymore, have you considered the ever popular in Augusta:

SINUS INFECTION?!?

I'm just now on my last antibiotics for a real zinger of a sinus infection.

Feel better, soon, Girlie!! :D

Heather Meadows said...

It has seemed like lately I've gone to the bathroom a lot without drinking much.

I'm not particularly thirsty though.

I have been "hungry", or at least I have eaten a lot lately. But that could be stress :P

I was incredibly tired today, and I came home from work early and went to bed at around 4 and slept until 11. And I wish I was still in bed ;P

I'm not irritable, and I don't have blurry vision.

As far as a sinus infection, I don't have feel like I have a lot of sinus pain or pressure. All I really feel is run down.