Saturday, November 11, 2006

Christmas in my mind

So yesterday I decided to spend far too much money at Wal-Mart on Christmas decorations. (After the fire, I don't have any. So it's only natural that I catch up. Right?)

When I got home I cleaned and decorated the office.


I'm pretty happy with my little Christmas tree done up in pink. It goes with my armchair. Plus, pink is pretty :>


When I first started picking out ornaments, I went for a bunch of silver and blue stuff. This is one of two garlands I bought, thinking I would use them on a larger tree that I would buy later. This time around, I just picked a small tree that at the time I thought I'd put in the kitchen.

When I got home and realized there were two little trees in the box instead of one, I decided to put one of the garlands on one of them.

I could have made both trees identical, but what point would there be in that?

I also kept both trees in the office, because unfortunately they have to be plugged into each other--I can't have one in here and one in the kitchen. But I think they look okay in here :)


It was impossible to avoid bringing this snowman home.


Here's the full view. As you can see, I also got quite a collection of Christmas CDs, as well as some peppermint-colored candles.

Not pictured are the ornaments meant for a larger tree (which I still hope to get later!), the little silver reindeer hanging from the bathroom doorknob, and the larger red candle tray with a peppermint pillar surrounded by additional round peppermint candles.

I've been listening to a CD called Christmas Dinner - Elegant Saxophone Quintet, filled with instrumental Christmas favorites, since yesterday :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pink IS pretty.. :) Remind me to show you the Christmas wreath I made for my mom when I lived in Athens, and worked at the craft store, because it's really Victorian looking, and I used the same pink you did. She thinks it's so pretty, she never takes it out of the wrap it's in. That kind of bugs me, but hey, whatever..

Your Christmas things are very pretty. It's still a touch early for me to be thinking of Christmas things, but I'm ready for it all.. :)