Sunday, March 25, 2007

Okay, now I really do want to move


To be fair, I'm sure they edited out all the correct answers...but still.

(That one older gentleman who said Hiroshima and Nagasaki were famous for judo-wrestling...shouldn't he know better? I mean...wasn't he alive then? O_o

(I also wanted to die when that guy said Yasser Arafat was the president of Al Qaeda, a suicide group in Israel...and don't get me started on that fake map, and how no one noticed it was wrong!

(Also disenheartening were the responses to the question "Who should be invaded next?" Not just because they were stupid, but because no one said, "I don't think we need to invade anyone.")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

You know, even I REALIZED the map was wrong. I've improved much with my geographical knowledge; I have a globe 3-D puzzle David gave me, and I put it together, and I STILL look at that puppy. I'm a LOT more familiar with places than I've NEVER been, but I STILL realized right off that theirs was WRONG!!

That's pretty damned bad. Hey, there's a GORGEOUS semi-detached for sale around the corner from our house, if you're looking!! ;) We're VERY near an OUT OF THIS WORLD Thai restaurant, too...Mmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Unh, I mean, I'm a lot more familiar with places than I've EVER been, but then again, since you know the previous extent of my geographical knowledge, Heather, then "NEVER" been was probably more accurate!! :P

Anonymous said...

This needs to take place in other countries too. Yes so much was wrong here but you will find it the same everywhere.
People are so interested in self and not the world.
That map was a joke...
All of it was ridiculous. people my age not able to answer those questions is hard to believe. M

Heather Meadows said...

Yeah, that's what I was telling Wes the other day at lunch. Also, I'm not sure what types of people are out on the street at any given time. What city/cities were they in, what time of day was it, etc.? Was it a time when the level-headed people were all at work?