Sunday, May 20, 2007

I've got a "gig"

Tomorrow I need to be up ridiculously early (which is why I'm up late, natch) because I'm meeting a group of bellydancers for a photo shoot.

And I'm the photographer!

This is more than a little crazy, and I'm more than a little nervous. I think my technique has improved, but I still mainly take detail and landscape photos.

Here's hoping I can use some of what I've learned to capture the beauty of the dancers. Right now that seems like a pretty monumental task!

So yeah, maybe I should go to bed already...

5 comments:

thestraightpoop said...

Warm milk and honey! If you can get past the gag reflex, you'll sleep like a kitten.

Post pictures! Please.

PS You're so cool, you get to use the word 'gig', I wish I could do that!

Heather Meadows said...

I don't think I'll ever be cool enough to use the word "gig" without being tongue-in-cheek ;>

I've never tried warm milk and honey. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

And yes, definitely, pictures will be posted! Just like all my other bellydance photos (which suck, so I won't link them), they'll be on my smugmug, though since they were specifically requested I probably won't release them under Creative Commons. Depends on what the dancers want.

Brooke said...

Oh my GOSH!! I wish I could be there with you guys!! I'd LOVE to take bellydancer pics!!

And hang out with my bestest friends!! :(

I miss ALL of y'all TERRIBLY. Things here are more than fine, but I think that almost makes missing y'all worse, because I want y'all to be in on the good stuff WITH ME!! And I want to be in on Y'ALL's good stuff, too... :(

Good luck with the pics, today!! I know you'll take GREAT pics, Hea, and I know the Girlz will be stunning as usual!! ;)

xox

Anonymous said...

Had you beat Heather, I ended up staying up til 1am, and then getting up at 4am to start constructing "the hair" :D So, yeah had a nice LONG nap when we got home from the shoot

Heather Meadows said...

haha :D At lunch I was seriously considering going straight to bed when I got home, but somehow I managed to stay up the entire day, until around midnight!