Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Expensive!

Eric Burns recently mentioned that he is moving Websnark away from pair over to Talk About Comics, because staying at pair was prohibitively expensive.

pair is expensive. But they are a damn good host, and I don't know that I want to give them up. I don't know what "weird troubles" Eric was having, but my site has barely had so much as a hiccup in the three years I've owned pixelscribbles.com. (Then again, it's not like I get the kind of traffic he does. Still, Keenspot and Sluggy use pair...)

As Sean says, you get what you pay for, and for now, I'm leery of shifting to a less expensive host that might, oh, accidentally lose all my data.

The one thing that bugs me is the database access issue I've mentioned previously. We'll see what happens when I shift to WordPress.

No comments: