Thursday, February 24, 2005

I am really tired.

I stayed up until midnight. Sean didn't get off work until 10, so I wanted to make his dinner for him. After that, I was watching Friends season 4 and had to force myself to stop. This morning, I fell asleep repeatedly while sitting on the toilet. Fun.

There's a flu/fever going around that everyone at work seems to have gotten. I hope I don't run myself down so much that I catch it too. That would be a bad thing. I've heard some horror stories about pain and vomiting...I haven't thrown up in years, and I'm not really eager to do it again.

Anyway! Down to business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I might follow suit. One of my kids has a fussing/whining habit that can really drive me into the depths of irritation quite often. My mom told me to wear earplugs to lessen the shrillness of it all, but I didn't take it seriously. I will now that I have seen how well it worked for you.
From an old friend with a couple of kids.

Anonymous said...

Other options for dealing with whiny kids, from my own experience, involve such great maneuvers as locking them up in whichever closet is farthest from the living space, giving them a task such as mowing the lawn or sweeping off the roof (with a safety rope, of course!) or my personal favorite, giving them something to REALLY whine and fuss about.

Works like a charm, every time. ;>