Thursday, March 24, 2005

Update on WordPress shift status stuff thingy

Thanks to Derik (who truly is a godlike nerd!), I have the biggest problem of my template solved. You can look at my test site here. Unfortunately, the topmost table cell just won't behave. "26 pixels!" I tell it. "Whatever, bitch!" it responds. So I will have to decide how I want to deal with that little issue before I can apply the design to the rest of the pages, and then finally port over all my posts and comments.

It's been a long road...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I look forward to the migration being complete. I'll be able to use Track and Pingbacks to your site. :)

Heather Meadows said...

wh00t!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the problem is in the differences between the main coments box and the side bar? I mean the side bar seems to set height just fine.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Heather Meadows said...

The sidebar doesn't have any text in the middle, topmost table. The main content box does. That's the issue. I can't seem to make the cell stay at 26 pixels high regardless of its content.

Heather Meadows said...

"...middle, topmost table cell". ;P

Heather Meadows said...

I fixed it.

I just had to not use an h2 tag around the date. Instead, I put the style on the table cell. Kind of a hack, and it ruins the whole idea of switchable themes, but then again, so do the tables, so hey! ;P

Heather Meadows said...

Oh, well, since it's WordPress 1.5, themes are still switchable. I guess what I meant to say was, my template can't really be used to build other templates.

Yeah.