Monday, April 9, 2007

Cookies!

I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, just like the old days.


When I was a teenager, I used to make them all the time. For some reason my family has always said I make them the best, even though all I do is follow the recipe. (And add about twice the number of chocolate chips. Hmm...)


It felt really good to put my new Kitchenaid to use at last. I ended up with three trays of cookies, the wonderful scent filling the apartment.


I brought some to work today to share. I left one Ziploc bag in the break room, and it was empty in no time. The other I kept in my office to offer to anyone who came by. The station manager said it was very thoughtful, and the assistant news director said his cookie was the highlight of his day!

I had some losers turn me down--two people said they were trying to lose weight, peh, and one guy said he was allergic to chocolate--but the overwhelming concensus seems to be that my cookies rock, which is of course the only truth there is in this crazy world.

12 comments:

Jered said...

Not to intrude on your buzz, but, is there really such a thing as a bad chocolate chip cookie? I mean, not including the ones my cousin made with tablespoons of salt instead of pinches. Though your's are unquestionably better than anything a commercial bakery could produce, your photos are making me leave the house to buy chips ahoy at 7-11 after midnight on a weekday. Thanks Heather.

Brooke said...

Mmmmm, your cookies DO rock, HeaHea!! :D

It's hard to find good cookies over here, but the Tesco chain has some nice "American cookies" that I really like. They're still not as good as yours are, though. I miss your cookies.

I miss you, HeaHea; come bring me some cookies, please? I'll wait for you..

Heather Meadows said...

Jered: I see you have been punished enough for your insolence. I'll be benevolent...this time.

Brooke: I'll see what I can do :) If nothing else, we'll see if we can get the ingredients to your place, and make cookies together while I'm there. Do they have brown sugar in England? White sugar? I guess I'll bring the Nestle-Tollhouse myself ;>

Anonymous said...

Let's DO make cookies when you're here!! We can get brown sugar and white sugar, just like us Americans are used to. There are ten million kinds of sugar over here, though, it's fascinating!!

I've already got a FANTASTIC Indian restaurant I want to take ALL of you guys to, because I KNOW you'll LOVE it!! :D

It's, like, the most incredible Indian food I've EVER eaten, and the restaurant itself is just amazingly fabulous, too.. :) I've already asked David for us to go there when you're here, and when Mari and Kelly come, too.. Mmmmm, I'm drooling thinking of curry, now!!

Heather Meadows said...

Mmmm, Indian food...

Bombay Central is okay, but Indian restaurants in Japan (or at least, the two I've been to) are really good. I think the ones in Louisville, Kentucky were decent too, but I can't quite remember. It's been awhile.

I'm sure the ones in England are great :) Something about actually being near the region in question ;)

David said...

Not so much nearer as a different colonial past and a larger immigrant community :)

I should make some BISCUITS for Brooke soon.

Anonymous said...

Heather, my reaction to Indian food here was "Wow, and I thought I'd HAD good Indian food before!!" There's no comparison, so that's yet another addition to the list. :) Mmmmmm, I'm wanting a doner kebab..

And David, mmmmm, some "savory scones"?! :D

Ironside said...

I WANNA COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather Meadows said...

I'll make some next time you visit, Sam ;)

Anonymous said...

YOur cookies DID rock, Heather. I loved them. And I love the photo of the cookies with the foreground outof focus. NICE! And now I know why the bosses love you, lol.

Heather Meadows said...

Yes. My cookies are the only reason!

;D

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I see ELVIS in one of those cookies...


(How can you not just LOVE "oyyyvi" as word verification?!)