Friday, April 20, 2007

I hate celebrity "news"

I don't want to read about what celebrities are doing on the main page of news sites. If I really care about what they're doing, I can go to a gossip page. But honestly, I think celebrity "news" has gotten way out of hand. A lot of what's "reported" is none of our business. Would you want that sort of information about yourself broadcast across the world? What makes it okay to tell stories like that about celebrities?

I say nix this sort of "news" and cover something important. There are things happening in the world that aren't scandals and trash talk. And I'm not just talking about crime and disasters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely, but we all know that it comes down to "sensation sells." People are mezmerized with famous people; it's not right, though, to want to go further into a person's private life JUST because they're "famous."

Not right at all.

I stopped reading a lot of those types of sites/articles/magazines when they started reporting every damned day what Paris Hilton had eaten (or not!) for supper. I was embarrassed for Britney Spears when she chopped her hair off, and instead of paparrazi backing away and giving her some much needed space, as would seem the "logical" thing to do, they went nuts and made even more of a nuisance of themselves.

So, have you guys gotten started with your passports, yet? If you need the link to the online form you need, just let me know; the main post office downtown takes the applications, call my mom and she should be able to give you the hours they're open. You could go on your lunch break!! :D

David made some fresh strawberry ice cream, tonight, and I want to make some for you!!

Heather Meadows said...

I need to mail off an application to Frankfort, Kentucky for my birth certificate. And I already have that link for the passport form! ;)