Saturday, April 28, 2007

Photos

Lots of photos have been uploaded, but I haven't had the time to tell you about them. So here goes.

Shaker Village, Kentucky, April 15, 2007

Ben and Manda and I drove out to Shaker Village, as has become typical for us when I visit. Aside from the beautiful rolling hills, well-maintained buildings and fences, and farm animals, we also had the rare experience of seeing a whole herd of deer. There were something like eight or ten of them running around the grounds. Ben managed some close-up shots from behind a stone fence, starting here.






Family Farm, April 17, 2007

AJ and I headed up to the farm with Dad, where we met up with Grandma and Uncle Steve. AJ and Dad busied themselves with uprooting small trees using a car battery-powered motor and a rolling tripod of Dad's design, while Uncle Steve mowed the grass and I walked the grounds and sat and chatted with Grandma. And took pictures, of course!

Around the time we were gathering on the porch for lunch, Uncle Steve found a tiny frog in the grass :)












Riverwalk at Lunch, April 26, 2007

I grabbed some Chick-fil-A and headed to Riverwalk for lunch this past Thursday. Instead of the usual St. Paul's parking I went to the Marina parking just off the 5th Street bridge. Much nicer! You don't have to walk down a bazillion steps. I may make a habit of parking there.

While I was sitting on a bench by the river eating my lunch, some pigeons with blue coloring were poking around the area nearby. I was surprised at how close they got to me.

Later, as I was taking pictures of a rose bush, a woman asked me if I was a photographer. :>










There are also some new photos in my Life > 2007 > April 2007 gallery, including Renfro Valley, hanging out with Ben and Manda and having a pizza roll, a trip to a furniture store with Mom and Connor, a beautiful mountain road in Jellico, Tennessee, the new nightstands I just put in our bedroom last night with Reid's help, and the new layout of the living room, which is a mess, but much closer to what I want than it used to be.

And here's the view from where I'm sitting as I write this post.

4 comments:

Heather said...

THAT IS SO WEIRD! In a conversation about Scientologists at Virginia Tech, I was just telling Sam that the Shakers seriously screwed up because they couldn't have sex and therefore no children and tried to keep the faith going by taking in orphans. All while waiting for your page to load, and then BAM! Shaker Village! If that is not just the weirdest coincidence, I don't know what is. Beautiful pictures- I love Shaker Village. :)

Heather Meadows said...

Me too :) And it's so close to where my family lives! Very convenient.

And yes, that is a strange coincidence! Perhaps our brains operate on the same frequency ;)

Heather said...

Hmmmm... right now I'm thinking how excellent fat-free, sugar-free cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks are- what are you thinking? :)

Heather Meadows said...

Um...not that ;)

I'm thinking about the screen curtain I just purchased for my patio door, which will make my lazy spring/not-too-hot summer days more soothing, and add a whole new dimension to entertaining.

Now I just need some patio furniture!