Monday, January 28, 2008

Let it shine

One of my coworkers, a guy I love dearly, recently received an award from the local branch of a regional religious group. During his acceptance speech he was talking about how he hopes to continue doing good work for the community, and he abruptly broke into song: "This Little Light". He only sang a few bars before the whole room joined in, singing and clapping, and when the verse was over everyone cheered.

I just wanted to mention that--it was neat. I can't imagine I would ever think of singing during a speech. (I'm not sure the people I would likely be giving a speech to would ever join in, either.)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I think that's AWESOME! :)

Shows some extreme self confidence and comfort within himself, as who he is, and what he believes in, to just bolt out a song like that

--with no guarantees of such a supporting outcome.

Simply awesome. I aspire to be someone who'd break out into song in the middle of a speech, now. :D