Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not quite la vida loca, but I still have fun

In one of those chain reaction tidying up events that occur with me every so often, I started sorting the mail, then cleaning things off the dining room table, and before I knew it I was collecting the Christmas decorations and carting them off to the second bedroom. I haven't gotten them put away, of course; they're sitting on the bed. And the Christmas village is still on the bar table. But this is a big start!

While I was at it I got all the dishes into the dishwasher and started it. I also got my CPAP, mask, and tubing washed, and now I'm waiting for them to dry.

Today's been pretty good, all in all. Work went well--I got some ads done, including one with animation, which was fun. I had lunch at Wendy's with Fichtel, and we didn't sit around blankly the whole time ;> After work I went with him and Mullis to Chick-fil-A. The conversation turned to Adam, who left awhile back to be a chief meteorologist on the west coast, and so I gave him a call right then and there. Unfortunately he had to be in a newscast in five minutes, so the conversation was short. In fact, Fichtel's side of the conversation with him went like this:

"Hello. Okay. Bye. Okay. Bye."

Other than that, noteworthy features of our dinner conversation included the discussion of farts, burping, railing against faceless corporations and the fact that Chick-fil-A's decor is like a motivational pamphlet, and Mullis' fabulous impressions of coworkers.

After that, Mullis and Fichtel headed off to record some music (I'm not sure I can explain the intricacies of this hobby of theirs--I'm just glad I can remember the name "Smies Lieser"--so that's good enough), and I headed home. Sean wanted Chinese food, so I was going to just pick some up at the drive-thru place near Food Lion, but Sean doesn't like that place, so I went to our standard people over on Bobby Jones instead and went inside and waited. (However, I mistakenly ordered sesame chicken instead of almond chicken...:P)

I brought that home and commenced with the cleaning-up detailed above.

Since then I've just been watching Detective Conan, reading Mullis' website, and trying to write this post. Sean just got home. I feel like maybe eating a bowl of cereal. I need to check and see if The Apparatus is dry. And after that...bed.

Tomorrow's Friday! And after work a bunch of us are going to Chili's. Rock on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved "living"it with you. Wonderful - full of activity - and friends M