Monday, July 4, 2005

This is going to be awesome.

I'm going downtown in a couple hours to see Brooke and Mari bellydance. It'll be Brooke's first public performance, and, for the first time, the beginning class is not doing the Waady choreography. This should be good!

After that, I plan to thoroughly enjoy RiverBlast.

Louisville has something like it for the Derby, but I've never seen it. I'm really excited about RiverBlast.

Butler says Monday night's show is the biggest he's ever put on in 17 years of running Augusta's July 4th fireworks.

"It's the biggest and the best," he said. "I can assure you of that."
You know, it occurs to me that the best angle for fireworks pictures might be across the river in North Augusta. That way, maybe the downtown buildings could be a backdrop.

Too bad I don't own a tripod...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT'S YOU I LIKE

It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear,
It's not the way you do your hair,
But it's you I like.

The way you are right now,
The way down deep inside you,
Not the things that hide you,
Not your toys, they're just beside you.

But it's you I like, every part of you,
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new.

I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself, it's you,
It's you....I...like!

~by Mr. Fred Rogers


That's for you, Hea Hea..

Heather, thanks SO much for the LOVELY birthday presents!! I've wanted The World According to Mr. Rogers for SO long, and I've been very interested in reading Life of Pi.. How did you know?? :D Thank you thank you SO much!!

Also, I'm SO glad that you came to watch all of us dance, it was TOTALLY exciting/scary/exhilarating to get up in front of the crowd and dance. All of the dancers were BEAUTIFUL, and so many people were SO COOL to all of us, and encouraging; I can't WAIT to learn something new, and do it again!! :D

Heather Meadows said...

The secret of birthday presents you wanted: I discovered your Amazon Wish List!

;>

I'm glad you like them :)

And I'm really glad you enjoyed your first performance experience! I can't relate at all because I've never performed anything other than a speech or piano; neither of those required me to shake my hips to music ;> (Plus, those were either in front of classes or in a closed auditorium with very few people watching...not out in public with hundreds of people milling around!)

I had a great time, and you were fantastic! And your costume was so beautiful...