Sunday, September 30, 2007

Upswing?

Hi there!

So last night, around the time I should have been going to bed, it occurred to me that I felt better.

I had done nothing all day but read manga and articles about pop culture over at Cracked. For most of the day I was miserable, feeling tired and gaggy and dizzy when I stood up. I'd managed a few bites of my dinner--steak, from a Mexican restaurant--and was just trying to keep it down. But all of a sudden that wasn't an issue anymore. In fact, I found myself hungry again.

I ate a little more of my food, and I also ate a bowl of strawberry mini wheats cereal, while I continued reading and chatting with friends. It was a lot of fun. I stayed up extremely late, just reveling in not wanting to die. I told Brooke, who by that time had awakened for her Sunday morning, that I was afraid that if I went to sleep I would feel bad again. But eventually tiredness won out and I crawled under the covers.

I awoke not feeling crappy. In fact, I felt good enough to actually do things, like clean up the sink area in my bathroom, load and start the dishwasher, and start a load of laundry. I have the gross taste in my mouth, and a bit of sinus pressure, but I don't feel overwhelmed by it.

I read about Kimono Karen's amazing trip to Hawaii and for the first time in weeks thought that maybe I will be healthy enough to do something like that someday. That's pretty big given that just yesterday, when I was miserable, I realized I no longer felt like I could do anything I wanted to.

"Do I really feel better?" I wondered last night. "Or do I just think I feel better?" Then a better question occurred to me: "Does it matter?"

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you felt better! And are still feeling "pretty good!" ;)

Sometimes it's mind over matter; sometimes if I don't think I "feel" quite up to snuff, I have to just suck it up, and get one with things, and usually, I forget about the fact that I felt icky at all. Now, this is just something I DO, I'm not saying it's something YOU should do, but it works for me a good deal of the time.

I HAVE wondered once or twice if maybe since you're so confused as to why you're feeling as bad as you have been, and that you're pretty much SCARED of what's going on with you right now, because you simply don't know, if that could be perpetuating your feeling bad just a tiny bit. I'm not saying you're being a hypochondriac, NOT AT ALL, but minds are interesting and funny things.

Try to focus on the times you feel good, and see if perhaps that helps you to feel a little better? Sometimes it you can make yourself think it, it'll actually happen. :)

Hoping you keep feeling better and better.... :)

Chuck said...

Hey, glad you're feeling better!

I tend to go through mood swings rather than health issues. But when I'm down, I don't feel like doing anything at all. Laundry piles up, errands don't get done, etc. When I'm in a good mood I get everything done and feel better afterwards. Not sure what causes them. Oh well.

Hope you continue to feel awesome enough to take martial arts classes so you can kick ass and take names.