Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Pictures

I posted more pictures last night and forgot to mention it. (Or was too tired to mention it, whatever.)

The first group is a small set from Monday's lunch, when I had Sean's car. I went to Wife Saver and got some catfish strips, then went to the North Augusta boat dock (and dropped my tea, spilling it all over the parking lot. Alas).

Savannah River

I also finally got some decent shots of the WBBQ radio towers. They dominate the skyline in certain parts of North Augusta, so I'm always taking pictures of them, but rarely are they ever, you know, not washed out.


Well, I like it, anyway.

The next set is from yesterday, when I walked to Burger King.

flowering trees

cute house

crazy, unintentional focus effect

they're everywhere!

Butler Avenue

People haven't been commenting on my pictures, and no one (except Mom) ever goes to my actual gallery and posts comments, so I have to come to the conclusion that my pictures are terrible.

I'll keep posting them anyway. :P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge picture fan. A picture's a picture. I come here to read about my sister's life. I suppose that photography is a part of it, but while it's great that you've passion for it, I can't really get into it. I do look at 'em when you post 'em, but just because I don't say anything doesn't mean I don't like 'em. They're just not my thing. ;>

Heather Meadows said...

Awwwww, thanks, Will! Whenever you start to think I'm awesome, just go back and look at the pictures I took the first time I was in Japan. I didn't really know how to use the camera at that time, and I had no concept of composition.

Now I at least marginally know what I'm doing, so I can get better pictures. But it's taken me five years and a zillion mediocre pictures to get to this perhaps-better-than-mediocre point :>

*huggles AJ* That's okay, I'll forgive you. If anything, we can say this is payback for me not listening to "My Time" over and over :D

Miklos said...

I'm always jealous of your pictures. They make me want to visit Georgia.

Heather Meadows said...

Thank you so much!

You'd get over wanting to visit after your first week of severe allergies.

;)

Seriously, it is nice here. You can find forests easily, there are bike trails all over the place, spring is gorgeous, there's a great lake for sailing and fishing nearby, the Augusta Canal is great for walking/biking alongside and exploring, downtown is beautiful and has some great restaurants (and, of course, Riverwalk)...there are even some cultural activities!

There are bad things about this place, like how nothing's open on Sunday and everything closes at 9 pm on other days (WTF?! At least there's 24/7 Wal-Mart), and there are some weird politics in this town, and the Masters can be considered bad given the effect it has on traffic and people's moods in general...

But I think everything balances, and I love that the weather is temperate enough that I can comfortably be outside for most of the year.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! It's just that I'm lazy in commenting ^ ^;; I love the flowers, especially, and your framing's really good. Don't stop!

Dawn